Duration: 3 h
- What is the source of the name Kreuzberg? A real mountain in Berlin?
- Gentrification: Today’s Kreuzberg is presenting a different picture. Many facades appear very proper, whereas this district is not so “alternative” anymore as it was decades before.
- The outside looks bright and friendly, whereas the inside appears dark and narrow: the former „Mietskasernen“ (barracks) are still very present.
- A relic referring to the "Gründerzeit” (founder time): a giant logo bears witness of the past chocolate production in this district.
- A gorgeous inner courtyard surrounded by 18 house blocks is leading us into an oasis of the metropolis