Duration: 3 h
- We start our tour on the “Dorotheenstadt cemetery” (“Dorotheenstädtischer Friedhof”), where a lot of prominent Berliners are buried. Selected stories will bring them to life.
- Borsig was a famous manufacturer of locomotives in the 19th century. His first factories were located in the so-called „Feuerland“ (“Land of Fire”). Learn more about this exciting era of industrial departure.
- We see various important buildings constructed in the style of Renaissance or Classicism along “Invalidenstraße”, which are of importance today as well.
- We get to know the location of the former “Invalidenhaus” (“Home of Invalids”) and the usage of this building today.
- The "Invalidenfriedhof” (“Cemetery of Invalids”) is located in the immediate vicinity of the “Invalidenhaus”. A lot of prominent people who lived in old Prussia are buried here.