Duration: 2 h
- Let’s continue our route along the „Berlin Wall“ to a further important symbol of the separation of Germany – the Checkpoint Charlie. The “Third Reich” and the GDR era are permanently present.
- We touch the “German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety” („Bundesumwelt-ministerium“) prior to reaching the former “Prussian Parliament (”Preußischer Landtag”) nowadays the “Berlin Chamber of Deputies“ (“Berliner Abgeordnetenhaus”) – as well as the Martin-Gropius-Building, which is a famous Berlin exhibition building.
- The “Topography of Terror” will take your breath away.
- We pass the “German Federal Finance Ministry”(“Bundesfinanzministerium”), the former "Reich Air Ministry” (“Reichsluftfahrtministerium”).
- We cross the historical mile “Wilhelmstraße”, the former governmental centre and political power centre par excellence.
- Now you will learn about former market halls and will get to know the location, where the „Völkische Anzeiger“ (Nazi newspaper) was produced.
- Eventually we reach our final destination - Checkpoint Charlie. And what about Alpha and Bravo?